Our Routine 08-09


I am sure some of you are still getting into your homeschool routines. I know some people are very routine oriented while others may be more “day-by-day”, and it all depends on your family and what works best for your life-style. This week please post what your planned homeschool routine is.

So that is the assignment for the week. Last week, I shared a bit about using Managers of their Homes (MOTH) to create a schedule for my family. Although we don't adhere to it 100% every day (hardly any day, actually) it has helped us greatly to accomplish the important things in life. You can find out more about MOTH at http://www.titus2.com/.

I tried to print our schedule in columns, but it didn't work and I got tired of trying. I hope you can make sense of this. My kids are JC (11), AJ (almost 5) and AC (2).

We are still tweaking it a little here & there. I am trying to figure out how to work PE into an earlier part of the day. But I have learned to make this the goal, and I don't stress about the things we don't get done. Of course, it also changes on day when we have activities away from home. Here are our variables--

I also have a chore schedule that we haven't mastered yet, but it is a great goal. And my kids are learning not to say "I'm bored" b/c I always have a list handy of things they can do. :-)

My prayer for the year is to be INTENTIONAL! Psalm 90:12 says, "Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." I have avoided this scheduling method for years, and I have wasted many days. It is my prayer that our days will be intentional & that we would make the most of them for His kingdom that we may "gain a heart of wisdom".

Labels: , ,