Household Notebook Part 1

So I am waaaaaay behind on updating my blog. I have TONS of pictures & lots of cool things we've done that I would like to share, but I am struggling to find the TIME to blog. I bet no one else out there has that problem, right?!

After much prayer & internal struggle, I finally THINK I have figured out part of my dis-organization problem. You'll remember that I spent nearly the entire month of May 2009 in the hospital & about 2 months on bedrest before that. That's where I think I let go of the "control" I had over my household.

Now, before bedrest, things at home were going well. The kids were on a routine & I rarely felt overwhelmed by the daily 'to-do's'. So imagine my frustration at coming home from the hospital to a new house (that I did not pack or unpack...still can't find some things) with a new baby & a new church family. All of these things are great, BUT it has been quite overwhelming. I have been VERY reluctant to admit that, but here I am... Stressed, frazzled, sleep-deprived, unorganized... I do well enough on the surface, but I know that things aren't running as smoothly as they could.

I know that you all have heard or read that children thrive on routine. Well, I guess I am still a kid because I NEED routine, organization, structure. I do not do well at all with chaos. My husband is the "fly by the seat of his pants kinda guy" and yes, it's true... OPPOSITES ATTRACT! I have tried to explain it to him, but he just doesn't get it. Maybe some of you can relate--disorganization...like when I walk into my daughters' bedroom & it looks like their closet threw up... makes me physically ill. My stomach hurts, and I want to throw up! Okay, I admit it. I don't even have to go in there. Just thinking about it now as I'm typing is making me sick...


So, what to do? Continue living like this? Uh...No!

After much prayer & internal struggle, I THINK I have figured out part of my dis-organization problem. Once upon a time, I used a sort of a system that employed the use of a binder. It was called a household notebook or a home management notebook. I have used notebooks for many things over the years, including organizing church activities, work projects and our homeschool work. Somehow, over the better part of this past year, I have let go of those good habits. And now, I am starting FRESH--new house, new baby, new responsibilities, new year, NEW NOTEBOOK!!

I've been perusing the following websites for ideas & FREE printables to put into my notebook.

Free Printables & Ideas

The Organized Parent (haven't spent much time here yet)

Household Management 101 (my 1st stop after googling for ideas/help)

What NOT to put in your notebook

Managers of their Homes & Flylady (the tried & true)

Okay, so this is Part 1. I'll continue with Part 2 in a day or two when I am done putting my notebook together. And I'll share pics! :-)

Labels: , , , ,