Menu Plan Monday--Feb 8th

I have been slacking with menu planning lately. My budget and my eating habits can attest to that fact. So I decided it's time to get back into the habit. I have been scouring the internet for the past two days, and have found some simple & (hopefully) yummy new recipes for my family to try.


For Breakfast this week: eggs, bacon, toast-

oatmeal carrot raisin muffins (my own concoction & my kids actually eat it)-

granola(it's been a while; i'll have to find my old favorite recipe)-

baked oatmeal (reduced the sugar; love it warm with raisins & milk!)-

oatmeal pancakes-

pancake muffins (I sub local honey for the maple syrup in the recipe)


Lunches for the kids: chicken noodle soup, mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, tortilla pizza, sandwiches & leftovers


My lunches: Green Smoothies


Dinners: Cheesy Chicken served over brown rice with roasted veggies (broccoli, cauliflower & carrots)

Lentil Tacos (on homemade tortillas) w/ green salad & tropical fruit

Baked Terriyaki Chicken w/ Broccoli & fruit

Potatoes Kielbasa (one skillet meal)

Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu w/ Green Beans, may serve with egg noodles

a Leftover Buffet on Saturday

Deer Stew served over brown rice, maybe w/ homemade whole wheat rolls


A few of these recipes came from allrecipes.com, and several others came from fellow bloggers. I really like allrecipes because they include the nutritional information with the recipe. I think all of the recipes I used this week from there are around 300 calories per serving, sometimes less! My weight loss has not been so great this week, so I am trying to be more aware this week.



Looking for more menu ideas? Head on over to Organized Junkie!

Labels: , ,