Homeschool Mother's Journal--#2 of 2012

In my life this week… Okay, over the past 3 weeks, actually... We have been busy little bees around here. We have 5--count 'em, 5--fundraisers coming up over the next FOUR months.

1. Feb 9: Smoked Chicken Plates. A local catering business has volunteered their services to prepare smoked chicken, baked beans, coleslaw & yeast rolls as a fundraiser for our trip. Tickets are $7 each!
2. March 3: Car Wash! Our family and one or two more will be washing cars at a local bank in our town. Donations only.

3. April 1: 18x24 Portrait Giveaway! During February and March, we are selling raffle tickets for a FREE custome family caricature portrait to be given away by JC14 and AJ8's art teacher. One of her students does the drawing and she does the painting. This is a $250 value & tickets are $10 each. One lucky winner will be drawn April 1st. This could work for out-of-town folks as well since she works from photographs.

4. April 14: Casa de Fe 5K! A friend from church is organizing a 5K and a one-mile fun run to be held downtown. Pre-registration is $25 and includes a t-shirt. Kids are $20 and they also get a t-shirt.

5. May 4-5: Gigantic yard sale! That is, if we have anything left. Our friends are claiming things daily. ;) We don't mind.

I've started sorting through our homeschool supplies/curriculum, and I have several things to sell. I have most listed on our Ecuador Plan page.

In our homeschool this week… We are trucking right along, trying hard to stay on a schedule that would allow us to pack up the first week in May.

I am inspired by… Ann Voskamp's 1000 Things. I plan to start my list here soon.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… Wow! We have been many places lately including a trip to attend meetings with our sending agency in Kentucky, and just yesterday, we visited two different churches to share about the work being done at Casa de Fe. I don't think we have anywhere special to go this week though.

My favorite thing this week was… overhearing my teen boy read a book to the toddler girl (without my asking). And having giggly girls in the back of the van as we drove around town today selling chicken plates.
Questions/thoughts I have… I am thinking of starting another blog to keep missionary stuff separate, but I don't know if I should since I struggle to keep this one going... What would you do? Would you keep one blog and worked harder at keeping it organized/labeled? Or would you start a separate blog?
Things I’m working on… decluttering, organizing, packing, fundraising.
I’m reading… still plugging along with 1000 Things, planning to finish it this week.

I’m cooking… anything gluten-free. I am really enjoying the blog a friend shared with me recently, Gluten-Free Fix.

I’m grateful for… GRACE!

I’m praying for… a lot of people around me that need clear direction/discernment and His continued provision...

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Wherever you are, be all there.
~Jim Elliot~

Interested in seeing what other homeschool families have been up to this week? Check out The Homeschool Mother's Journal over at The Homeschool Chick!

Labels: , , , ,